Communicating brand and value propositions for mobile technology services
The Situation: DeviceAnywhere needed to communicate their value proposition online and at events in order to move prospects more quickly toward a “buy” decision.
Silicon Strategies Role: Conduct communication reviews, supply strategy advice, create and deliver content.
Initial Observations: DeviceAnywhere created a highly useful but complex set of services. Though they had good organic traction, DeviceAnywhere struggled to intimately communicate their top-line value propositions.
- They had not developed a method to walk prospects through DeviceAnywhere value online.
- Their staff was “burning out” with endless remote demonstrations.
- At major trade events there was no succinct explanation of the service that clearly communicated value.
Identifying value: Though DeviceAnywhere had ample success – due to a very well designed product in a high-growth market – their value propositions and how they positioned their services were poorly communicated. Based on a referral from another Silicon Strategies Marketing client, DeviceAnywhere contacted us and we began work:
- We documented the pain points of DeviceAnywhere target customers.
- We mapped these pain points to DeviceAnywhere values.
- We developed new ways to clearly communicate these value points.
- We identified “buy decision” influencers to whom values catered.
- We created scripts for events and online presentations with an emphasis on getting DeviceAnywhere value propositions stated early and clearly.
From these seeds, two main deliverables were created:
- Event stage presentations and live demos that succinctly communicated DeviceAnywhere values to target buyers
- An expanded version of the live (and field-tested) event presentation reconfigured as an online demo
The Results: The results were very positive:
- Initial event audience reaction was strong, generating significant “walk-in” rates of qualified leads (audience members approaching DeviceAnywhere staff with more questions after the demo).
- Conversion rates for trial demos of their products were higher from the online videos than previous, manpower-intensive processes.
- The marketing behind even a successful product can be improved.
- Focus on the pain experienced by targeted buyer genotypes with clear explainations of value.
- Repurpose raw materials where possible. Massaging the event presentation and demo for online use was fast and cheap, and allowed sales engineers to quit doing one-on-one demos, saving them for more important sales-closing activities.